Taking time out of each day to practice some kind of self-care, can help you to relax and recharge.
Self-care, or what you may call ‘me time’ is essential for good mental and emotional health. Whether you dedicate 5 minutes or an hour, know that you are your happiest and healthiest self, to be ready to face any challenges which may come your way.
5 Top tips to practicing self-care
1. Make time for relaxing activities – why not try a relaxing bath, a massage, yoga, Tai Chi, or add some meditation to your morning or bed-time routine.
2. Watch, read or listen to something inspiring – zoning out from reality and getting lost in an inspiring book, movie, music or even a podcast can offer you the perfect opportunity fora break and some time to relax.
3. Be active – physical activity has many benefits for your physical health but is also great for your mental health and your mood, plus it’s fun! Try a nice long relaxing walk, a bike ride, or some gardening. If you’re looking for some more adventure, give rock climbing or hiking a go.
4. Connect with a loved one – sometimes the best form of self-care is talking to or spending time with a loved one. You can try connecting on the phone or video call, going out for coffee, or doing a fun activity together.
5. Take a break from social media – often when you’re scrolling through your newsfeed on social media you may find yourself dwelling on little things or getting overwhelmed. Limiting your daily time spent on social media can help you to focus on the things