With the start of a new year upon us, now is a good time to reflect on some of the weight loss myths that have been popular over the past decade.
We’ve compiled a list of the most common weight loss myths we want you to leave behind in 2019:
- You have to give up your favourite foods to lose weight
- You have to cut carbs to lose weight
- You have to be hungry or starving to lose weight
- Bread is bad for you
- Skipping meals will help you lose weight faster
- Snacking is bad and leads to weight gain
- You can’t have any treats or sweets if you’re trying to lose weight
- You have to cut sugar to lose weight
- Eating pasta leads to weight gain
- Eating fat makes you fat
- Fruit has too much sugar
- You need to detox to kickstart your metabolism
- Juice cleanses help to detoxify the body
- Eating gluten-free is healthier and will make you lose weight
- You need to exercise intensely to lose weight
- Certain foods will help you burn fat
- Bananas are fattening
- Dairy is bad for you
- Going vegetarian or vegan will guarantee you lose weight
- Coconut oil will solve all your problems.
After reading all these myths it’s important to note that there is no magic bullet when it comes to losing weight and being healthy, and you don’t have to sacrifice carbs, fruit or the foods you love to achieve your goals. If you’re looking to lose weight, don’t search for that quick fix as it’s possible to lose weight while eating delicious whole foods with the occasional treat.
Speak to your Jenny Craig Consultant to find out more today!start your journey now