Jenny Craig coaches provide dedicated support throughout your weight loss journey. Here’s their top ten tips for success:
1. Ensure you are following your menu and eating absolutely everything – vegetables and fruit are a must every day! Also keep busy between meals – go for a walk, meditate, read a book.
2. Use our resources – you will have been provided with a grocery guide and a getting started guide which include plenty of handy tips. You can also find lots of additional resources on our website.
3. Use the free food list to get creative with your vegetables – e.g. you may wish to make a free food vegetable ratatouille or soup (remember to use a salt reduced stock)! You can even cook a stir fry using salt-reduced soy sauce, fresh herbs, spices, chilli and ginger.
4. You may want to prepare the same meals for your family so that you won’t feel like you are missing out. For example, if you have a Fettuccine on the menu, prepare a fettucine for the family to enjoy. Accompany this with a large tray of oven roasted vegetables from the free foods list for you all to share.
5. If you fall off track, remember this does not define the whole week or day – it is important that you don’t miss your coaching sessions. Your coach is there to support you, keep you motivated and get you back on track!
6. Make sure to have plenty of sleep, your body needs time to rest and recuperate each day. You can also try to go to bed early to avoid late night snacking.
7. Practice mindfulness and celebrate your wins – pay attention to how you feel when you make good food choices, take the time to enjoy every bite. Reward yourself for all of the non-scale victories too.
8. Keep hydrated! Have a glass of water before and after each meal (including snacks). Additionally, when you first wake up and before bed and have a bottle of water on your desk or in your bag.
9. Reduce your alcohol intake. Alternate alcoholic drinks with a glass of water as this will help to slow you down and reduce the amount you drink. Avoid topping drinks up as it will be easier to lose count of how many drinks you’ve had.
10. Find ways to increase your incidental activity: take the stairs instead of the lift, park further away and walk or get off the bus/train/tram one stop sooner and walk the rest of the way.