Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 40 minutes Total time: 50 minutes Serves: 4
Nutrition (per serve):
Saturated Fat: 1.0g
Food count (per serve): 1¼ Grain serves, 1½ Fat serves, ¼ Milk serve
- 1 cup cracked bulgur
- 1 cup canned lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp dill
- 2 cups spinach leaves, lightly packed, cut into thin strips
- 200g plain fat free Greek yoghurt
- ⅓ cup chopped almonds, toasted
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- In small bowl cover bulgur with boiling water; set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in large fry pan over a medium heat.
- Add onions, sauté for 5 minutes.
- Mix in capsicum, garlic and lentils, and then sauté for 5 minutes.
- Thoroughly drain the bulgur and add to the fry pan. Mix through the spinach and dill and continue to cook until spinach is wilted (approximately 3 minutes).
- Mix in yoghurt; heat through.
- Season with a squeeze of lemon juice and pepper.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
Note: To toast almonds, spread on a lined baking tray and place in the oven at 175°C for 5-10 minutes, or until almonds are golden. Stir almonds once or twice during the cooking time to ensure even browning.