Adding fruit to salads is an easy way to add colour and really make a salad stand out. The bright red of the watermelon and pomegranate make this a perfect salad to bring along to a celebration on a hot day. The added benefit is that watermelons are 90% water so, when kept nice and cool, this salad is also very refreshing on one of those crazy hot December days.
- 2 cups rocket leaves
- 4 cups watermelon, cut into chunks
- 1/8 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 cup fresh mint, leaves picked and finely sliced
- Pepper to season
- 160g reduced fat feta cheese, cubed
- Juice from 1 lime
- ½ pomegranate, deseeded
- Place rocket leaves, watermelon, red onion and mint in a large bowl. Season with pepper.
- Scatter feta cheese over the top and drizzle with lime juice. Finish with the pomegranate seeds.