You will love these delish BBQ Stuffed Mushrooms – the perfect side for our Jenny Craig Vegetable Moussaka.
You will need:
- 6 large flat mushrooms
- 4 tbsp reduced fat feta*
- 10 pieces fat free sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Small handful spinach, kale or silverbeet
- ¼ onion, finely diced
- Extra virgin olive oil spray
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced (or 1 tsp minced garlic)
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme (or ½ tsp dried thyme)
- Preheat BBQ or grill plate to medium-high heat.
- Lightly coat mushrooms with spray oil. Grill mushrooms for 2-3 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Lightly spray BBQ or grill plate with oil and sauté onion, garlic and thyme for 2 minutes.
- Add sundried tomatoes and spinach, cooking for an additional minute, or until spinach wilts.
- Place mushrooms stem-side up on a lined baking tray. Evenly divide sundried tomato mixture over the 6 mushrooms, and then top with feta.
- Place baking tray with mushrooms back onto the BBQ, close the BBQ lid and cook for a further 5 minutes. Or, place in a preheated moderate oven for 5 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Serve immediately and enjoy with Jenny Craig’s Vegetable Moussaka!
Jenny Craig Client Information
Grocery count (per serve): ½ Milk serve, ½ Limited Free Food serve
*Use from your Milk serves.