Nothing beats a beef pie! Add some delicious veggie chips to make this into a hearty and healthy meal.
- 1 beetroot, thinly sliced
- 1 parsnip, thinly sliced
- Spray oil
- Sprinkle of garlic powder
- Sprinkle of paprika
- 1 Jenny Craig Beef Pie (frozen)
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 sprig of thyme
- ¼ cup ready-made gravy
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line an oven tray with greaseproof paper.
- Prepare the Veggie Chips and Pie by placing the sliced beetroot and parsnip onto the lined oven tray. Lightly spray the beetroot and parsnip with oil and season with garlic powder and paprika. Place the Jenny Craig Beef Pie onto the oven tray and bake everything in the oven for 30 – 35 minutes until the pie is hot and the vegetables are crisp.
- While the pie and veggie chips are baking, prepare the mushroom gravy. Heat a frypan on medium heat and spray lightly with oil. Add the mushroom, shallot, garlic and thyme and cook for 10 minutes until the mushrooms are golden brown. Add the ready-made gravy to the mushrooms and stir to combine. More water may be added to make a runnier sauce if desired.
- To serve, place the pie and veggie chips on a plate and top with the mushroom gravy.
Visit our blog for more weight loss recipe inspiration.