Make tonight burrito night for your family. Using only chicken, seasoning, black beans, chopped green chillies and flour tortillas, you can make this tasty meal in just 30 minutes.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes Total time: 30 minutes Serves: 6
Nutrition (per serve):
Grocery count (per serve): 2½ Meat serves, 2½ Grain serves, 1½ Fat serves
- 500g skinless chicken breast, cut in to approx. 3cm cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x 30g packet taco seasoning mix (salt reduced)
- 1 cup water
- 1 x 400g canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp chopped green chillies (optional)
- 6 x 15cm flour tortillas
- Tomatoes, diced
- Lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1 lime
- Heat olive oil in a deep fry pan over a medium heat. Add chicken and fry for 5 minutes, or until chicken is golden
- Stir in seasoning mix, water, black beans and chillies.
- Bring mixture to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer (uncovered) for 15 minutes.
- Serve in warmed flour tortillas with the lettuce, tomato and a slice of lime. Enjoy!