For a light dinner, try this Garden Vegetable Lasagne recipe. This dish combines cottage cheese, zucchini, mushrooms, spinach, Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, spices, tomato passata, and lasagne pasta sheets. The perfect meat-free Monday meal!
Prep time: 25 minutes Cooking time: 1 hour 10 minutes Total time: 1 hour 35 minutes
Nutrition (per serve):
Grocery count (per serve): 1 Meat serve, 1 Grain serve, ½ Fat serve
- 500g low fat cottage cheese
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 400g button mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 250g frozen spinach, thawed
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- ¼ cup fresh oregano
- 2 medium brown onions, finely diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1L tomato passata
- 1 packet fresh lasagne sheets
- ½ cup reduced fat cheddar cheese
- In large bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, zucchini, mushrooms, spinach, parmesan cheese, parsley, oregano, onion, and garlic. Set aside.
- Layer the bottom of 30 x 22 cm baking dish with 1 cup tomato passata. Place 3 lasagne sheets on top of the sauce. Top with a ⅓ of the cottage cheese mixture. Layer another 3 pasta sheets on top of the cottage cheese mixture. Cover with 2 cups of tomato passata.
- Layer another ⅓ of cheese mixture on the passata covered pasta sheets, then cover with the remaining ⅓ of the cottage cheese mixture. Layer 3 lasagne sheets on top of cottage cheese mixture. Top with 1 cup passata and then the cheddar cheese.
- Cover baking dish with foil. Bake at 190°C for 1 hour and 10 minutes, uncovering the dish for the last 10 minutes of baking. Enjoy!