Serves: 1 with Jenny Craig Pasta Verde or 3 as a Free Food recipe
You will need:
- 1 packet Jenny Craig Pasta Verde
- Spray oil
- ½ brown onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1 head of broccoli florets and stem, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 5 cups water
- 1 tsp stock powder
- Pepper to taste
- Heat a large saucepan on medium heat and spray with cooking oil. Add onion, garlic and celery and sauté until soft (approximately 5-8 minutes).
- Add broccoli, zucchini, water and stock powder and stir to combine. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes until vegetables are soft. Season with pepper to taste.
- Remove soup from heat and blend until smooth using a hand held stick blender or in a blender/food processor. Return to saucepan and reheat until soup is boiling. Remove 2 cups of the soup and place in a bowl.
- Add the dried Pasta Verde to the bowl of soup, stir through, cover and allow to stand for 3 minutes. Stir again, cover and stand for a further 3 minutes until pasta is cooked through.
Tip: The remaining broccoli soup can be enjoyed as a free food snack between meals or as a side to your Jenny Craig lunch or dinner.start your journey now