A delicious, stunner of a dish, this orange-spiced cauliflower couscous will solidify your title as the master chef at home.
1 head cauliflower, trimmed
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp vegetable stock powder
Pepper, to taste
1 orange, zested and segmented
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp dried cranberries
½ cup fresh coriander sprigs
Seeds from ½ pomegranate
Preparation time: 35 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line a large oven tray with non-stick baking paper.
2. Cut ½ the cauliflower into small florets. Place on prepared tray. Sprinkle with cumin, paprika and ½ tsp vegetable stock powder. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until golden and just tender.
3. Meanwhile, roughly chop remaining cauliflower. Place in a food processor and process until finely chopped to a consistency similar to couscous.
4. Heat remaining stock in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add cauliflower
couscous and cook, stirring often for 5 minutes. Add cranberries and orange zest. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until cauliflower is tender, then remove from heat and season with pepper.
5. Toss ½ the coriander and ½ the roasted cauliflower through the ‘couscous’. Serve couscous topped with remaining cauliflower, orange segments, and garnish with remaining fresh coriander and pomegranate seeds.
If you’re a Jenny Craig member, speak to your Coach about how you can incorporate this recipe into your personal menu plan.