We have partnered with My Market Kitchen to share this tasty and healthy Stuffed Eggplant recipe, which pairs perfectly with our Jenny Craig Chilli Con Carne. Find the full recipe below.
You will need:
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, diced and seeded
- ½ white onion, diced
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ tsp mixed dried herbs
- ¼ tsp cumin
- Pinch chilli
- Pepper, to taste
- 4 tbsp reduced fat cheddar cheese*
- Fresh coriander to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
- Wash the eggplant and cut down the middle length ways. Scoop out the flesh leaving a thickness of approximately ½ cm and set aside. Chop the flesh into small cubes and set aside.
- Spray a non-stick pan with oil and add the eggplant filling, celery, tomato, onion, mushrooms and garlic.
- Sauté over a medium heat for 10-12 minutes, stirring often. You can cover with a lid to help the vegetables cook and add a little water if the mixture becomes too dry.
- Add the herbs, cumin, chilli and pepper as desired.
- Pour the mixture into the eggplant shells and top with reduced fat cheddar cheese and cracked black pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Sprinkle with fresh coriander and serve with Jenny Craig’s Chilli Con Carne!
Jenny Craig Client Information:
Grocery count (per serve): ½ Milk serve
*Use from your Milk serves.start your journey now