Summer is finally here! For me, summer means long warm days, clear blue skies and spending plenty of time outdoors. As the weather starts to warm, I also find that I move away from warm hearty meals, and crave cooler foods and summery salads. While the Jenny Craig menu is suitable for all seasons, there are times when I’d prefer to have a lighter meal so I can spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying the sunshine!
Here are some simple ideas to enjoy some of our Jenny Craig favourites on those hot summer days:
- Serve the Vegetable Frittata with a breakfast salad of baby spinach leaves, cherry tomatoes and a splash of balsamic vinegar.
- Give the Waffles a tropical spin and serve with fresh mango, passionfruit and toasted coconut flakes.
- A warm bowl of porridge may not take your fancy when it’s hot outside, so give our Apple & Cinnamon Bircher recipe a try here!
- Serve the Falafel Salad or the Pumpkin & Fetta Rice Salad chilled on a bed of shredded kale with chopped celery and cucumber. Just remember to thaw the salads in the fridge the night before.
- Turn the Smoked Paprika Paella into a simple rice salad. Precook the Smoked Paprika Paella in the morning (or the night before) and toss into a leafy green salad with some capsicum and parsley.
- Not feeling like soup in summer? Turn the Creamy Vegetable Soup into a creamy vegetable dip by adding to plain low-fat Greek yoghurt! Serve with lots of non-starchy veggies to make a fun and tasty platter.
Show us how you add a touch of summer to your favourite Jenny Craig meals by posting to Facebook or Instagram and tagging #jennycraigausnz