Serves: 4 Prep time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 8-10 minutes
Grocery count (per serve): 1 Grain serve, 2 Meat serves, 1½ Fat serves
- 6 cups mixed vegetables, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 spring onions, sliced into 4 cm lengths
- 1 fresh chilli, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (salt-reduced)
- 3 tbsp vegetable stock (salt-reduced)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500g raw prawns, peeled and deveined, tail intact
- 12 cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- 1⅓ cup cooked brown rice
1. Place the raw vegetables in a large mixing bowl. Add the spring onions, chilli, garlic, ginger and coriander and toss to combine, as you would a salad. Drizzle oyster sauce and soy sauce over the vegetables.
2. Heat a large wok over a medium to high heat. Add half of the vegetable stock with the olive oil. When steaming, add the prawns and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the vegetables and stir-fry quickly for 3-4 minutes, or until the prawns are pink. Add more stock if needed. Sprinkle with cashews and serve with brown rice.
A delicious combination of vegetables includes zucchini, carrot, celery, red and yellow capsicum, asparagus, bok choy and snow peas.