A healthier alternative to café options, these muffins will satisfy your sweet tooth, while keeping you on track to achieve your health and weight loss goals.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes Total time: 30 minutes Makes: 12 muffins
Nutrition per serve (1 muffin):
Grocery count (per serve): 1½ Grain serves, ½ Fat serve
- 1½ cups plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup quick oats, uncooked
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup skim milk
- ¼ cup applesauce (unsweetened)
- 1½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- Spray oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 205°C.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, oats, sugar and cinnamon in a mixing bowl; make a well in centre of the mixture.
- Combine milk, applesauce, oil and egg white; add to dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
Spoon batter into 12 muffin pan cups coated with cooking spray, filling each about ¾ full.
- Bake at 205°C for 18-20 minutes or until golden.