We have partnered with My Market Kitchen to share this decadent and delicious Blueberry Vanilla Baked Apple recipe. The perfect pair to our tasty Jenny Craig Waffles. Find the full recipe below.
You will need:
- 4 apples* (such as Golden Delicious or Granny Smith)
- 4 tbsp blueberries
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp natural sweetener eg. stevia
- ½ tsp cinnamon or mixed spice
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Using a small sharp knife or apple corer, remove cores from apples, leaving apples whole and bases intact. Prick apple skins with a fork to prevent them from splitting when baking.
- Place apples, upright, into a ceramic baking dish.
- Combine blueberries, vanilla essence, sweetener and cinnamon in a small bowl. Spoon mixture into centre of each apple. Cover with foil. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for a further 10 to 15 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm with Jenny Craig’s Waffles!
Note. For an extra crunch add ½ tsp cacao nibs to the filling of each apple.
*Use from your Fruit serves.
Jenny Craig Client Information
Grocery count (per serve): 1 Fruit serve, ¼ Limited Free Food serve
For more recipes from My Market Kitchen click here.start your journey now