Serves: 10 (makes 10 bars) Prep time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
Grocery count (per serve): 1¼ Grain serves, 1½ Fruit serves, 1½ Fat serves, ½ Milk serve
- Olive oil spray
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup sultanas
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 cup skim milk powder
- 3 tbsp plant spread
- 3 tbsp honey
- 250ml orange juice
1. Preheat the own to 200°C. Line an 18 x 28 cm rectangular baking tray with baking paper and lightly grease with olive oil spray.
2. Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl, mix well and set aside.
3. Place the margarine and honey in a medium sauce pan over a low heat and stir until the margarine has melted. Add to the bowl with the orange juice and mix well.
4. Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir to combine. Press the mixture into the pan, spreading firmly with the back of a spoon.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and, while still hot, cut into ten bars. Remove from the tin and serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Brekkie bars last up to four days in an airtight container.
Great for school lunchboxes.start your journey now