This delicious warming dessert combines sweet apples with tart raspberries and oats for a satisfying sweet and crunchy dessert. It’s sure to become a family favourite, so try it today!
Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 1 hour Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes Serves: 4
Nutrition per serve:
Grocery count (per serve): 1 Fruit serve, 1½ Grain serves, 1 Fat serve
- 4 medium Granny Smith apples
- ¼ cup orange juice (no added sugar)
- 2 tbsp raspberry jam
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp oats
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp wheat germ
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1 tbsp plant spread (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Peel, core, and thinly slice the apples.
- Combine the sliced apples, juice, jam, and water in a bowl. Pour the mixture into a 20 x 20cm glass baking dish and set aside.
- Combine the oats, flour, sugar, wheat germ, cinnamon, and salt. Add the melted plant spread and mix well.
- Top the apple mixture with the oats mixture, cover with foil, and bake for 1 hour, or until the apples are tender. Uncover the dish for the last 10 minutes of baking.