Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup curly kale, with pieces torn to roughly the size of your palm
- ½ red onion, cut into 4 wedges
- 1 garlic glove, whole with skin on
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- Spray olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Lightly crush the garlic clove in its skin with the flat part of a knife blade. Combine the garlic and vegetables in a mixing bowl with a light spray of olive oil and the cumin. Toss to combine and evenly distribute the spice.
- Transfer to a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until the onion has softened and the kale leaves have crisp edges. Serve immediately.
Serve alongside Jenny Craig’s delicious Roast Pork Dinner or as accompaniment to your Beef Pastie.
Grocery Serves Per Serve: 3 vegetable serves, 1 limited free food, free foods
FREE FOODS on the Jenny Craig menu are foods that are low in kilojoules and are great for adding extra volume, variety and flavour to our menus. Examples include the non-starchy vegetables that are brimming with vitamins, minerals, fibre and anti-oxidants.
We encourage you to eat at least 4-5 servings of these each day – whether you are on the Jenny Craig program or just looking to eat well! There are also herbs, spices and other low kilojoule flavourings such as vinegars, sriracha and soy sauces.
LIMITED FREE FOODS add flavour, variety, and can fill you up for very few kilojoules – check out Jenny Craig’s Grocery Guide for the full list.
If you’re a Jenny Craig member, speak to your Coach about how you can incorporate this recipe into your personal menu plan.