1 head of garlic, cut in half lengthways
2 red capsicums
1 red onion, halved with skins removed
1 carrot, cut into rounds
1 zucchini, cut into rounds
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground coriander
½ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
¾ cup vegetable stock
400g tinned tomatoes
Pepper to taste
Fresh basil to garnish (optional)
Optional: Serve with a dollop of plain fat free yoghurt, use from your Milk serves
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place garlic, capsicum, onion, carrot and zucchini onto a lined oven tray.
- Spray lightly with oil and season with cumin, coriander powder and chilli flakes (if using).
- Bake vegetables in the oven for 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the capsicum skin is blackened.
- Transfer the capsicum to a bowl and cover with cling film.
- Set aside for 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- When cool, remove and discard the capsicum skin and seeds.
- Process the cooked vegetables together with the vegetable stock and tinned tomatoes using a blender, food processor or a stick blender until smooth.
- Pour the pureed soup into a saucepan and heat on medium to high heat to bring the soup to the boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer the soup for 5-10 minutes.
- To serve, pour the soup into a bowl and garnish with fresh basil, a dollop of plain fat free yoghurt and pepper.