Prep time: 10 minutes
- 5 asparagus spears 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup mixed lettuce leaves
- ½ cucumber, cut into ribbons Handful of pea shoots
- 1 tbsp basil leaves
- 1 tbsp fat free French dressing Lemon wedge
- Heat a pan on high heat and grill asparagus spears until lightly charred.
- While asparagus is cooking, lightly steam the snow peas in the microwave in a bowl with a splash of water for 1-2 minutes.
- Assemble the salad by placing mixed lettuce leaves into a bowl and top with asparagus, snow peas, cucumber, pea shoots and basil leaves. Garnish with a lemon wedge. Dress with fat free dressing when ready to serve.
Leafy greens are a great way to add more vitamins, minerals and fiber to your diet