What you need to know about weight loss diets
There are many ways to lose a lot of weight fast. However, most of them will make you feel both hungry and unsatisfied. This means that unless you have iron willpower, you will probably not be able to follow these weight loss diets for very long, and the weight will stay on, or return quickly as soon as you stop following the diet. Now, with the Jenny Craig plan, you will be able to find a new, proven weight loss diet to help you attain your chosen weight and, even better, learn how to keep the weight off in the longer term too, as well as how to deal with special events and occasions such as meals out, birthdays, and more!here)
Why do people go on a weight loss diet?
Healthy eating is one of the best things you can do to prevent and control health problems such as heart disease, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, and some types of cancer. In addition, losing weight may have many additional benefits. Some of the reasons people decide to lose weight are:
- Weight loss: The most common reason for going on a diet is to lose weight. Eat fewer calories than you use during the day and you'll lose weight. Add in exercise and you may also be able to improve your body composition since the exercise will help you maintain your muscle so you lose mostly fat.
- Lower blood pressure: Weight loss can help you lower your blood pressure levels, according to a study published in "Diabetes Care" in July 2011. Although improvements were greater in people who lost more weight, even some of those losing just 2 to 5 percent of their weight saw improvements in systolic blood pressure.
- Improved cholesterol ratio: Losing a small amount of weight may help you improve your cholesterol numbers by reducing your total and LDL cholesterol.
- Decreased heart disease risk: Since having high blood pressure, high triglycerides and high cholesterol increases your risk of heart disease, improving these issues lowers your risk.
- Improved survival rates for people with heart disease: If you already suffer from heart disease, losing weight may make future heart attacks or strokes less likely and help you live longer.
- Decreased diabetes risk: Better blood glucose control, because of weight loss, can decrease your risk of Type 2 diabetes.
- Improved Mood: Not only will you be healthier, but you may also feel better if you lose weight. Studies performed using participants of the National Weight Control Registry have found that weight loss may also lead to improvements in mood.
- Higher Energy Levels: The National Weight Control Registry studies also noted that people who have lost weight tend to have more energy. This extra energy may make it easier for you to do the exercise that can help you maintain your weight loss and get in better shape.
Jenny Craig weight loss diets are specially designed to ensure that you get a healthy, varied diet...
Which weight loss diet is right for me?
Weight loss diets come in many shapes and sizes, but although many diet plans promise fantastic results, eating too much of one particular food or using special tablets or other products may not be effective in the long term. At Jenny Craig, you will learn that the best weight loss diet still allows you to eat fantastic, tasty food, while the one-on-one support provided by the specially trained Jenny Craig Consultants (either in person or on the phone, depending on your preference and location) will mean that you can ask any questions you may have and will have someone to turn to when needed.
I am too busy to plan a weight loss diet
Many of us juggle various roles in life, with work, family, pets and relatives all needing time, care and attention. On top of that, you will not want to spend hours studying unfamiliar recipes, buying special ingredients, and preparing separate meals. With Jenny Craig, all you need to do is choose from the delicious options provided as part of the weight loss diet, ready to be served or prepared in no more time than you will need to prepare meals for the rest of the family. It really is that simple!(Enjoy the Honey Soy Beef that is on the Jenny Craig program. See the full menu here)
Will a weight loss diet leave me hungry?
Some weight loss diets can leave you struggling to cope from meal to meal, which is dangerous as you will be tempted to snack on something unsuitable between meal times. Jenny Craig weight loss diets are specially designed to ensure that you get a healthy, varied diet, while the treats and snacks your body may crave between meals are not forgotten. In addition, the Consultants teach you how to combine delicious Jenny Craig meals and snacks with “Fresh and Free” additions that are rich in water and fibre to keep you feeling full longer while absorbing fewer calories. The fuller and more satisfied you feel, the less likely you are to overindulge in between meal times.