Jenny Craig collects, holds and uses personal information in the following areas:
- Business Relations2 and
Consumer information is usually collected via promotions, competitions and consumer queries. The information may include:
- your name, address, contact number(s) and email address;
- information about your preference for goods or services we offer from time to time;
- details of any prizes you may have won; or
- a record of any queries you have made.
Purposes for collecting the information
Wherever possible, Jenny Craig collects this information directly from you. We use it for the following purposes:
- to contact you directly about Jenny Craig, its brands, special offers, samples and other promotions;
- to reward you for being a loyal Jenny Craig customer;
- to inform you of Jenny Craig products or publications we think you might be interested in;
- to approve transactions you wish to make;
- to confirm your identity;
- to provide you with products you have requested ;
- to follow up or pursue any queries you make; or
- to conduct consumer research.
How we manage personal information
Jenny Craig is dedicated to keeping personal information secure. This includes physical security, computer and network security, communications security and personnel security.
Important Information on promotions, competitions & other marketing activities for consumers
All entries become the property of Jenny Craig (and any third parties conducting joint promotions with Jenny Craig).
Jenny Craig supports permission based marketing. Where consent exists, Jenny Craig may enter your details into a database for the purpose of contacting you directly about Jenny Craig, its brands, special offers, samples, consumer research and other promotions.
You can advise us if you would prefer not to be directly contacted by us by emailing email@example.com any time or call the following to register your details:
Australia - 1300 453 669 (9am-5pm AEST); or
New Zealand – 0800 555 123 (9am – 5pm)
You may also update the information we hold on you by requesting an update through the Jenny Craig Privacy Officer. Contact details are outlined below under ‘Access and correction of details’.
Winners details and a description of the prizes will be entered on a database to comply with record-keeping requirements of relevant lotteries and gaming legislation. Details will also be published in accordance with the terms and conditions of each promotion.
Entries are held for up to 12 months after the last prize draw. After this, they are then destroyed in a secure manner.
Except where you are otherwise notified, Jenny Craig does not sell, rent or otherwise make available any personal information to third parties. Jenny Craig outsources certain business functions to other organisations. For this purpose, and only for the purpose of providing services to Jenny Craig, personal information may, as required, be transferred to or handled by: :
- our related companies;
- organisations which provide services to us, such as mailing houses, promotion and advertising agencies and consumer research agencies;
- credit reference agencies or other credit providers; or
- government or statutory authorities,
that may directly contact you on behalf of Jenny Craig.
Jenny Craig uses website measurement software and systems to help measure traffic patterns to and from our website. The system is used to anonymously aggregate website statistics such as the number of page views, the number of unique visitors, the time spent on our website, and common entry and exit points into and from the website. From time to time, random anonymous surveys may also be used to collect further information about our users - participation in these surveys is entirely voluntary.
All our pages are coded with a small piece of code that is transparent to you when you read that page. The code stores a cookie in your browser (if you have enabled cookies) which contains a unique identifier to allow us to track the number of unique visitors to the website. This information is collected and aggregated and in no way can you be identified personally and no personal information is stored about you.
Sending to a friend
By using the send to a friend feature, you’re requesting a message be sent to another person via email. Below is important information about using this send to a friend facility.
- An email will be sent to each recipient(s) you specify.
- The email that is sent will display that the email is from your email address and may include your name in the message area.
- If the recipient of the message replies to the message, then the reply will go back to your email address.
- If an address provided on the send to a friend form is invalid, or if the email cannot be delivered for other reasons, you may receive a failure notice from a remote mail system in response to the message.
- Should the details of the send to a friend request not comply with any terms and conditions of any promotion associated with the request, the message will not be sent.
Access and correction of details
You can access personal information Jenny Craig holds on you by contacting the Jenny Craig Privacy Officer in writing. If the information held is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date you may request Jenny Craig to correct the information.
If you are concerned about a possible interference with your privacy, please contact the Jenny Craig Privacy Officer for Australia and New Zealand:
c/- Jenny Craig Weight Loss Centres Pty Ltd
Level 6 / 464 St Kilda Road
Melbourne VIC 3004
Facsimile: +61 3 9867 5628
Telephone: 1300 453 669 (AU) or 0800 555 123 (NZ)
Or complete the 'Contact Us’ form at: http://www.jennycraig.com.au/contact-us to contact Jenny Craig’s Privacy Officer via e-mail.
Revised December 2012
For more information about your privacy in Australia go to http://privacy.gov.au/
1 Related companies include Nestlé Australia Ltd and Nestlé New Zealand Ltd
2 Business Relations Personal information of those with whom we have business relations typically relates to that information necessary for the proper and efficient conduct of business.
3 Employment Personal information collected from our contractors, as with Business Relations above, typically relates to that information necessary for the proper and efficient conduct of business, especially in relation to the engagement of the contractor’s services. Information is also collected from potential employees in the recruitment process.