Jenny Craig meals make it simple for you to enjoy healthy and tasty meals at home – and to lose weight! But what if you happen to be away from home? That’s one of the challenges our clients identify with social gatherings and events, it’s a good time to review some handy tips for eating healthily away from your home.
The power of support
Jenny Craig is all about support. Many of our Consultants were clients to begin with, so they understand your challenges, and more importantly are excited to help you achieve your goals.
If you’re worried about eating healthily outside your home, talk to your Jenny Craig Consultant about your concerns. They can guide you on how to enjoy social activities without overindulging, how to manage that plate of sweets being passed around at work, and how to eat well at restaurants and dinner parties.
Top tips for eating healthy away from home
- You don’t have to eat everything that’s on your plate. You can take food home with you.
- Split meals with friends or loved ones.
- If you’re getting dessert, stick with a few bites.
- Choose meals with less kilojoules that will fill you up!
- Stick with non-starchy vegetables.
- Pick steamed or baked over fried.
- Go for tomato-based sauces instead of cream
- Start with a smaller portion before you decide if you want more.
Remember that Jenny Craig isn’t about restricting you, you’re not rebelling! The program teaches you to consider everything in moderation; if you’re out of your home, you don’t have to feel guilty about enjoying your favourite food or treat. Just act with moderation: really savor and enjoy what you’re having and don’t go overboard. So if you’re socialising, enjoy yourself, and remember, your Consultant is always there to talk about how you can enjoy yourself and maintain your healthy lifestyle and relationship with food.Find out more