Kindness is so important in connecting with others and helping them feel good. The best news is, it’s easy for any of us to put a smile on someone’s face. Your acts of kindness also have benefits to you: they boost your mood, give you a rush of feel-good endorphins and activate all parts of your brain.
Which means that kindness is good for everyone involved!
Want some ideas to make someone around you smile?
Try these acts of kindness:
- Heard a compliment about someone that they didn’t hear? Share it with them.
- Leave a thoughtful comment on a friend’s social media post (not just a ‘like’).
- If you’ve got a couple of hours left on a parking ticket, pass it on to someone in the car park.
- Have a book that you enjoyed but don’t need to keep? Pass it on to a friend who needs a little boost.
- Write a short note to your child, and stick it in their lunchbox.
- Ask your partner to share a story about the best part of their day.
- Tell someone that an act of theirs made a real difference to you and say thank you.
- Take a whiteboard marker to work and write a note on the bathroom mirror (‘You look amazing!’).
- Let someone in while you’re driving.
- Make yourself a cuppa, and then sit down to savor it while it’s still warm. (Self-kindness is important, too.)
From little things, big things grow! Lots of little acts of kindness add up to help you, your friends and acquaintances love life.