Weight loss doesn’t have to mean depriving yourself; it’s the small changes that make all the difference. Here are 5 easy switches and swaps that will still mean you get to indulge, but just a little healthier.
- Swap a large chocolate bar for fun size chocolate bar – this will satisfy your chocolate craving with far fewer kilojoules
- Swap salt for fresh herbs and spices – this will maximise the flavour of your food without the hit of sodium
- Swap sour cream for Greek yoghurt – this is a great alternative as it will give you a similar flavour profile but is much lower in kilojoules
- When baking switch some of the butter for apple sauce or avocado – this will give you the same great taste with added nutrients
- Swap sugary drinks for sparkling mineral water or soda water with fresh lime