1. Make it achievable and realistic – there is no point setting an unrealistic goal, you will just become discouraged when you don’t reach it. Unsure of whether you have set an achievable and realistic goal? Start by aiming for half of that goal, then aim for the second half (e.g. if you want to lose 20kg, aim for 10kg first). Our Jenny Craig Weight Loss Consultants will help you with your healthy weight range upon starting your journey.
2. Document your goal – by writing it down you will be reminded of your goal and the importance of it. By creating a plan it’s more likely to look achievable and so you will be more likely to stick to it. By breaking down your goal and plan into achievable bite sized milestones you will allow yourself to be rewarded at each point, this will help keep you motivated. Or click here for 5 Easy ways to organize yourself a healthier life.
3. Get Support – whether it is friends, family or a Jenny Craig Consultant, getting yourself a support person and ensuring you have someone there to help you stray on track is vital. You don’t need to do this alone.
4. Understand you are not perfect – Success doesn’t come without setbacks, so understand that throughout your journey you may fall off the wagon and be faced challenges. The important thing is to not beat yourself up. Remind yourself why you want your goal and what your goal will bring you, then get back on track straight away, don’t wait until Monday or tomorrow, now is the perfect time.
5. Make sure it fits your lifestyle – we all know that denying yourself and missing out will not lead to success, so make your new habits fit your lifestyle. There is no point rearranging your entire life as it will not be maintainable and you will dread it. If you are adding exercise, fit into the breaks you already have and do things you enjoy. If you are changing your diet, make it as convenient as possible – weighing your food and kilojoule counting will take over your life, but with Jenny Craig’s ready-made meals it is easy to stay on track and eat right.