Do you have any tips for others starting out on Rapid Results Max?
My top tip would be making sure you stay hydrated. I drink cinnamon tea and ginger and lemon tea. I found this really helpful at the start when I was adjusting to following the 14:10 on Rapid Results Max. And now it’s amazing how much the Recharge Bar has changed my relationship with food in the morning. I used to wake up and eat straightway. Now, I have my Recharge Bar when I feel like it and continue my rejuvenation for another 2 hours. It definitely gives you that light feeling of your body functioning on all cylinders! I love to have Miso soup on hand to have during the day and always try to have at least 2 litres of water each day.
Another tip is bulking up your meals with salads and vegetables, it keeps you full in-between meals. I always have Fruit, yoghurt, dill cucumbers/gherkins and jelly in the fridge to snack on. I make a smooth green soup full of green veggies that is perfect for in between meals if I am having a hungry day too. I sometimes stir fry mushrooms and onions and add it to a bowl of the soup to make it more of a hearty meal.
When you first get started, you may lose substantial amount quite quickly. I lost 6.6 kilos in my first four weeks on Rapid Results Max. But I’ve also had a few weeks when I haven’t lost anything and I’ve just maintained. If this happens, don’t ever feel disappointed. Many factors, including your hormones may affect your weight, just stay positive and know you’re doing great and you’re on the right track to hitting your goals.
Can you describe a typical day for you on Rapid Results Max?
I work from home and have a 1 year old, so Jenny Craig fits perfectly in my busy life, the convenience of a weekly meal and plan the yummy food is what works so well for me.
- I start the day with exercise, either a home workout or a walk. Then a drink of water with a slice of lemon.
- I have my Recharge Bar with an herbal tea and another water and start my working day.
- Two hours later, I have my Breakfast with a Latte (I like to call it brunch). Followed by some fruit to snack on.
- At Lunchtime, I like to take my self away from what I’m doing and sit outside in the sun. Doing this in a calm space helps me to eat slowly and have 15 minutes no screen time and have some me-time. I always add salad to whatever lunch I’m having, like mushrooms, tomatoes, red onion, lettuce and pomegranate added to the pesto pasta salad.
- I always have Dinner between 6 and 7 pm after I have put my son to bed and can start my rejuvenation period. I put it in the oven or microwave whilst I settle him. I have a routine down pat that works for us both. I always bulk up dinner with vegetables and salads. And when I need that sweet fix, Jelly is definitely my go-to!
Breakfast: Jenny Craig Caramelised Onion Fritters with yoghurt and salad.
Lunch: Jenny Craig Pesto Pasta salad with mushrooms, red onion, tomato, lettuce and pomegranate.
What is your favourite Jenny Craig menu item?
I have a few that I love, the Lamb Moussaka is a fave, the Vegetable Tikka Masala, the Mexican-style Veggie Stack are lovely too. The new Beef Burger is great, I toast the bun, add lettuce, tomato, low fat tasty cheese, pickles, cooked onion and cucumber! Serve with air fried zucchini chips!
Do you have a favourite side to add to your Jenny Craig meals?
Here’s my simple green soup recipe, which I sometimes have in between meals or pair with my Jenny Craig meal to make it more of a hearty meal.
Jules’ Simple green soup
- 2 x Zucchini, chopped
- 1 x Onion, finely chopped
- 2 x Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 x Head of Broccoli, chopped
- 1 x Can of Asparagus
- 4 x Cups of low salt chicken or vegetable stock
1. Brown the onion and garlic, in large pot
2. Add your choice of stock
3. Add chopped vegetables and cook for 15 mins
4. Transfer to blender and blend until smooth.