We are back with our friends at My Market Kitchen to create this amazing Creamy Beetroot Dip that goes perfectly with our Oregano & Thyme Crunchies.
Find the full recipe below and make sure you watch the video to catch our lovely client Tennille (you can read her story here) and My Market Kitchen’s Lynton in action cooking this one.
You will need:
- 1 medium beetroot, trimmed
- ¼ tsp dried caraway seeds
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- Sprinkle of hot paprika
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- ⅓ cup fat free Greek yoghurt
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Pre-heat oven to 2000°C (180°C fan forced). Wash the beetroot thoroughly and trim both ends. Wrap the beetroot in foil. Place on an oven tray and roast for 45 minutes, or until a skewer easily pierces the flesh. To speed up the cooking time, chop into smaller pieces before placing in the oven.
- While the beetroot is roasting, dry roast caraway seeds, cumin, paprika and garlic in a small fry pan over a low heat for 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Chop the beetroot roughly and blend in a food processor with the spices, yoghurt, mint and lemon juice until smooth.
- Refrigerate overnight or until chilled. Serve on a platter with a colourful array of vegetable crudités and Jenny Craig’s Oregano & Thyme Crunchies!
Note: Canned beetroot works just as well as fresh beetroot. If substituting canned for fresh, we recommend using 170g canned beetroot. The same quantity of dried fennel seeds can also be used in place of the caraway seeds if you prefer.
Jenny Craig Client Information
Grocery count (per serve): ½ Milk serve
For more recipes from My Market Kitchen click here.start your journey now