Preparation Time: less than 10 minutes, plus 30 minutes cook time
- 1 red capsicum, remove seeds and cut into 2-3 cm pieces
- 1 small eggplant, chopped into 2-3 cm cubes
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/2 punnet of cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Spray olive oil
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- Balsamic vinegar
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Place capsicum, eggplant, onion and tomatoes on a lined baking tray. Sprinkle with garlic powder and lightly coat with spray oil.
- Cook in oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and stir through fresh basil.
- Add a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Can be served warm or at room temperature.
Grocery Serves per serve: 4 vegetable serves, 1 Limited Free Food serve, Free Foods
FREE FOODS on the Jenny Craig menu are foods that are low in kilojoules and are great for adding extra volume, variety and flavour to our menus. Examples include the non-starchy vegetables that are brimming with vitamins, minerals, fibre and anti-oxidants. We encourage you to eat at least 4-5 servings of these each day – whether you are on the Jenny Craig program or just looking to eat well! There are also herbs, spices and other low kilojoule flavourings such as vinegars, sriracha and soy sauces.
LIMITED FREE FOODS add flavour, variety, and can fill you up for very few kilojoules – check out Jenny Craig’s Grocery Guide for the full list.
If you’re on the Jenny Craig program, speak to your Personal Coach about how you can incorporate this recipe into your personal menu plan.