This fragrant cauliflower rice is the perfect accompaniment to Jenny Craig’s Butter Chicken, or serve it as a side at your next BBQ.
- Spray oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 green chilli, chopped finely (optional)
- ½ cauliflower, chopped finely to rice sized pieces
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Fresh coriander to garnish (optional)
- Heat a frypan on medium heat and spray lightly with oil.
- Add the onion and fry for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add all the spices, ginger, garlic and chilli and fry for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the cauliflower and stir well to coat in the spices.
- Add the stock and cook for a further 10 minutes until softened and cooked through.
- Remove from pan and finish with fresh coriander.
Grocery serves: 1 Vegetable serve, Free Foods
If you’re on the Jenny Craig program, speak to your Personal Coach about how you can incorporate this recipe into your personal menu plan.