You will need:
- 2 medium sized eggplant, cut in half
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 4 tbsp water
- Spring onions to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Heat a non-stick fry pan on high heat until hot then add the eggplant, skin side down. Fry the eggplant on one side for 4-5 minutes (or until it has coloured) then flip and cook the other side until golden brown. Remove from pan and allow to cool slightly. Once cooled, use a knife to draw a diamond pattern across the eggplant flesh.
3. Mix together the miso paste, teriyaki sauce, sweet chilli sauce, ginger and water to form a paste. Spread the paste over the cut eggplant flesh then bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the eggplant is golden brown.
4. Allow to cool slightly before serving with spring onions scattered on top.
If you’re a Jenny Craig member, speak to your Coach about how you can incorporate this recipe into your personal menu plan.