We have partnered with My Market Kitchen and Paulini to share this healthy Zoodle recipe, it is the perfect side dish for our Jenny Craig Macaroni and Cheese. Find the full recipe below and make sure you watch the video to catch Paulini and Lynton Tapp, from My Market Kitchen,in action cooking this tasty side.
You will need:
- 1 zucchini
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ bunch fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil spray
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced (or 1 tsp minced garlic)
- Lemon wedge, to serve
- Using a mandolin or vegetable peeler, thinly peel down the length of the zucchini so you have long, thin strips of zucchini. Place the zucchini strips on top of each other, and, using a sharp knife, slice lengthways so you have long thin strips of zucchini noodles (zoodles). Alternatively, use a spiralizer to create the zoodles.
- Heat a large non-stick fry pan over a medium heat. Lightly coat the pan with spray oil. Sauté garlic for 2 minutes, or until golden.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the tomatoes to the pan. Place a lid on the fry pan and let tomatoes simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until tomatoes are softened.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the zoodles and basil to the tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon and black pepper. Enjoy with Jenny Craig’s Macaroni Cheese!
Jenny Craig Client Information
Grocery count (per serve): Free Food recipe.
For more recipes from My Market Kitchen click here.start your journey now