Breakfast will be your new favourite meal of the day thanks to these 3 delicious recipes that’s also quick and easy to prepare for even the busiest mornings.
Seasonal Fruit Muesli Bowl
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free yoghurt
- 1 Jenny Craig Cranberry & Vanilla Muesli
- 1 cup cut mixed fruit (we used a combination of banana, kiwifruit, strawberries, blueberries and raspberries)
- Place the yoghurt into a bowl and top with Jenny Craig Cranberry & Vanilla Muesli and fruit.
Grocery serves: 1 Fruit serve, ½ Dairy serve
Banana Bread With Strawberry And Kiwifruit Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1 Jenny Craig Banana Bread
- ¼ cup strawberries
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 1 green kiwifruit, peeled
- 1 yellow kiwifruit, peeled
- 1 passionfruit, halved with pulp scooped out
- 100g vanilla fat free yoghurt to serve
- Heat the Jenny Craig Banana Bread as per instructions on the package. When the Jenny Craig Banana Bread is warmed, lightly toast on a pan until golden brown. Set aside.
- Prepare the salad by chopping the strawberries, blueberries and kiwifruit into bite sized pieces. Add the passionfruit pulp, then toss to combine.
- Serve the fruit salad with the toasted Jenny Craig Banana Bread and vanilla fat free yoghurt.
Grocery serves: 1 Fruit serve, ½ Dairy serve, 1 ½ Limited Free Food serves
Café Style Breakfast
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Jenny Craig Caramelised Onion Fritters
- Extra virgin olive oil spray
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Fresh basil to garnish
- Lightly spray a frypan with spray oil and place on a medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook until golden brown for a further 1-2 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside
- Wipe the pan down and place back on heat. Add the tomatoes to the hot pan and cook for 1-2 minutes to lightly warm through. When the tomatoes are cooked, remove from the pan and add to the plate with mushrooms.
- In the same pan add the spinach and a splash of water. Turn off the heat and allow the spinach to wilt. Remove and place on the plate once wilted.
- While the vegetables are cooking, heat the Jenny Craig Caramelised Onion Fritters in the microwave as per instructions on the packet.
- Serve the Jenny Craig Caramelised Onion Fritters with the cooked vegetables and top with fresh basil.
Grocery serves: 2 Vegetable serves, 1 Limited Free Food serve, Free Foods
FREE FOODS on the Jenny Craig menu are foods that are low in kilojoules and are great for adding extra volume, variety and flavour to our menus. Examples include the non-starchy vegetables that are brimming with vitamins, minerals, fibre and anti-oxidants.
We encourage you to eat at least 4-5 servings of these each day – whether you are on the Jenny Craig program or just looking to eat well! There are also herbs, spices and other low kilojoule flavourings such as vinegars, sriracha and soy sauces.
LIMITED FREE FOODS add flavour, variety, and can fill you up for very few kilojoules – check out Jenny Craig’s Grocery Guide for the full list.
If you’re a Jenny Craig member, speak to your Coach about how you can incorporate this recipe into your personal menu plan.