Preparation Time: less than 10 minutes
- ½ cup button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- ½ cup curly kale
- 20g reduced fat Feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tsp pumpkin seeds* (pepitas)
- Extra virgin olive oil spray
- Heat your Jenny Craig Pumpkin & Kale Risotto according to instructions.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat with a light spray of olive oil.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring until browned.
- Meanwhile, steam the asparagus spears and kale leaves for 2-3 minutes, or to your liking. Alternatively, you can slice the kale and sauté with the mushrooms.
- Serve your risotto on a plate, with the mushroom and kale lightly tossed through.
- Scatter with feta cheese and pepitas and accompany with the asparagus.
Grocery Serves per serve: 2 vegetable serves, ½ dairy serve, 1 fat serve*, 1 Limited Free Food
*Omit if your menu does not have a fat serve.
FREE FOODS on the Jenny Craig menu are foods that are low in kilojoules and are great for adding extra volume, variety and flavour to our menus. Examples include the non-starchy vegetables that are brimming with vitamins, minerals, fibre and anti-oxidants.
We encourage you to eat at least 4-5 servings of these each day – whether you are on the Jenny Craig program or just looking to eat well! There are also herbs, spices and other low kilojoule flavourings such as vinegars, sriracha and soy sauces.
LIMITED FREE FOODS add flavour, variety, and can fill you up for very few kilojoules – check out Jenny Craig’s Grocery Guide for the full list.
If you’re a Jenny Craig member, speak with your Coach about how you can incorporate this recipe into your personal menu plan.