You will need:
- 1 small eggplant, roughly chopped
- 1 large zucchini, roughly chopped
- 1 large red capsicum, roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil spray
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 tsp dried herbs or spices eg. basil, oregano, parsley
- 2 cups reduced salt chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp fat free Greek yoghurt
- Fresh herbs for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced).
- In a roasting pan, place eggplant, zucchini, capsicum, onion and tomatoes.
- Add garlic cloves to the pan. Spray vegetables with oil and sprinkle over herbs.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes, until the vegetables begin to brown.
- Remove the skins from the garlic cloves. Transfer contents of the roasting pan to a saucepan and add the stock – you can add more or less stock to alter the consistency, depending on your preference. Bring the contents to the boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Place in a food processor and blend until smooth. Serve into bowls and garnish with a dollop of yoghurt and a sprinkle of fresh herbs.
Jenny Craig Client Information
Grocery count (per serve): Free Food recipe
If you’re a Jenny Craig member, speak to your Coach about how you can incorporate this recipe into your personal menu plan.