We have been inspired by the tasty Spring harvest and have created some flavoursome recipes that are the perfect addition to your Jenny Craig menu, including this delicious Stewed Rhubarb that goes perfectly with our Apple & Custard Waffle.
Grocery count (per serve): Free Food recipe
- 2-3 stalks of rhubarb, washed and trimmed
- 2-3 tbsp water
- 2 tsp natural sweetener
- ½ tsp finely grated fresh ginger or ½ tsp ground ginger (optional)
- Chop rhubarb into medium chunks and place into a saucepan.
- Add water, sweetener and ginger to the rhubarb.
- Cover and cook over low-medium heat until the rhubarb breaks down, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. Add more water if required.
- Remove from heat when rhubarb has reached the desired consistency, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Prepare Jenny Craig Apple & Custard Waffle as per packet instructions.
- Top Waffle with stewed rhubarb and serve.