Prep Time: 40 minutes
Grocery serves (per serve): 3 Vegetable serves, Free Food serves
- Spray oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celeriac, peeled and chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 500ml low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 5 swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
1. Lightly spray a saucepan with spray oil and place on medium heat.
2. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes. Then add the celeriac and cook for a further 3 minutes until it started to caramelize. Add the broccoli florets and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the vegetable stock, cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the vegetables are completely soft.
4. While the vegetables are cooking, prepare the mushrooms by lightly spraying a small fry pan with spray oil and placing on medium heat. Fry the mushrooms until the water has all evaporated and the mushrooms are golden brown. You want the mushrooms to have a slightly dry texture. Set aside.
5. Finish the soup by adding the spinach and using a stick or standard blender, blitz everything to form a smooth soup. Season to taste.
6. Serve with the mushrooms sprinkled on top.
Be honest about what you are really eating so you become aware of what you do each day, then you are more likely to shift your habits to healthier ones.
If you’re a Jenny Craig member, speak to your Coach about how you can incorporate this recipe into your personal menu plan.