Prep time: 1o minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Spray oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp grated ginger
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup snow peas, shredded
- 4 cups water
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 1-2 spring onions and coriander, finely chopped to garnish
- Lightly spray a saucepan with spray oil and place on medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the onion and cook for approx. 3-4 minutes until the onion has softened.
- Add the garlic, ginger, carrot and mushroom and cook for 5 minutes until the vegetables have softened and are slightly caramelised. Add water and bring it all to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 25 minutes. Add the snow peas, cover with a lid and turn off the heat. Allow the soup to sit for 5 minutes before adding the miso paste.
- Add the miso paste to the soup and stir to combine. Sprinkle with spring onion and coriander when ready to serve.
Dietitian Tip: Miso paste is made from fermented soybeans and is often used in traditional Japanese dishes. It’s very salty, so you don’t need too much, but it adds a deep savoury flavour to soups and salad dressings.
Grocery serves (per serve): 2 Vegetable serves, 2 Limited Free Foods
If you’re on the Jenny Craig program, speak to your Personal Coach about how you can incorporate this recipe into your personal menu plan.